Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reality TV....................Van Goat style.

Being a surgical nurse, I've always wondered how elderly people survive these total joint replacements because let me tell you - I've seen enough to know it's a MAJOR surgery. Now, having had a total hip replacement, I'm REALLY wondering, because having half your ass sawed off and sewn back on again is MAJOR F$%#ing surgery!


So here I am with my black and blue - not bionic- butt, doing my exercises, wearing my anti -blood clot stockings, taking my anti -blood clot medication and scaring the begeezus out of the cat by tearing around with my super bad-ass deluxe racing walker. Actually, my sister's cat since I'm staying with her until I am rehabbed enough to be able to get up the steps into my house.


Of course, there's always a silver lining in every cloud. I don't have cable in my house, but my sister does. I've getting to watch all the Law & Order I can possibly handle as well as all the old sitcoms I haven't seen in years. I've also discovered a whole new world of tv shows out there as well. I'm ashamed to admit that I've been watching Real Wives of New York and Millionaire Matchmaker. (That last one was because I lost the remote and didn't feel like getting up to change the channel.) It's just amazing what they are putting on tv now. This does, however, inspire me to have my own tv show - can you imagine? The boundaries are endless. Real Goats of Dallas Bay. People are going to love it!

1 comment:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Glad to hear you are getting a little R&R despite your multi-colored ass. I hope the soreness goes away fast!