Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, rain go away...........

you're tearing the ass out of me and my back yard. I know we need rain because we never get any during the summer, but this is getting extreme! My poor goats were paddling around the backyard this morning. I did get to mow the lawn yesterday and plant my gardenia, so I've got that going for me. Loving the new lawnmower - reel mowers are the only way to go. No gas, no oil, no pollution and you can actually hear your kids calling you while you're mowing. I realize that maybe some people wouldn't feel that that aspect of it is a plus. I, being the walking neurosis that I am, really like to be able to hear my kids while I'm mowing. So here's a picture of the fabulous lawn mower that I bought:
Yeah - it's cool, right? That's what I'm sayin. It's just so freeing to not have to go out and fill up a gas can to be able to mow the lawn. I did see on a website where you can order one of these beauties that someone said " it's not difficult to push of these and don't let anyone tell you it is.Anyone who says it is hasn't seen or pushed one of these in something like 20 years." I'm paraphrasing of course, but you get the drift. Well, it is a little tougher to push but that's okay because who couldn't use a little more exercise/resistance training. I don't know, that whole remark just seemed kind of pompous, condescending smart-ass to me. Hey - my dad didn't use one - nobody did when I was growing up. People were still too friggin glad to have lawn mowers with motors. Of course, I haven't seen one! Someone asked me the other day if my lawnmower was hard to push and I said "Yes, sort of - but it's totally worth the effort!" It totally is..........so get one already!!!!

No comments: