Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Can a Sister Get a Break?

Okay, so this is how our school year has gone so far. We started out with just the usual school stuff.......going to school, coming home from school, homework - you know the drill. Then it progressed from school to volunteering in the school library, girl scouts, Wednesday after school clubs and working the bookfair. I also work 12 hour shifts on the weekend and 2 3-11 shifts during the week. I'm REALLY tired.And I'm so torn! I love volunteering in the library, but I'm gonna have to get a grip because my house is a disaster inside and out; My poor goats are missing me terribly(Well, what can I say? It's true - I'm not bragging!) and it's a toss-up as to whether I'm spending more time at school or at work. I have resolved to cut back to mornings only at school except for special circumstances. That's fair enough. And for a new turn of events....apparently I've gotten so tired that I can't even get my days straight. Today I showed up at work and it was the wrong day. In my twenty-three years of nursing, I have never shown up on the wrong day. WTF!!!! I seriously need a break. I am so annoyed with myself! Totally jacked up my whole day! I tried to the salvage the day by coming home, doing laundry and working in the yard - I can't say no to plant therapy.We had leftover lasagna for dinner and now I'm relaxing and watching a movie called "Death Note" with my son. Kind of weird. Nothing says relaxation like a good Japanese suspense/thriller complete with dubbed voices and some freaky floating "death god". Alrighty then.

No comments: