Monday, August 13, 2007

Once upon a few years ago......

I started a scrapbook as a gift for my friends Jeff and Casey, who got married.........well, let's just say some time ago, and well, you know, with life being the way it is and all, I haven't finished it yet. I am thinking that I will definitely get this done before their grandkids start making an appearance. This picture is the front of cover of the actual album, complete with the sadly disturbed plastic cover. I thought it was just the perfect album for pages that show their lives up to the wedding.

I haven't actually mentioned my scrapbooking passion before, but I do love to scrap and I've decided to start talking about it here, maybe in hopes that it will make me accountable to someone. Or something like that. I have to admit that so far, while I have spent some quality time in the activity itself, I have spent more time even perusing the online stores shopping for paper, embellishments and the latest gadgets. There are some really incredible online scrapbook stores - AllyScraps, Rocky Mountain Hobbies, and for looking at their incredible papers and their huge layout gallery, Basic Grey. I love their paper and it is second to no other. All their papers are heavier than most and their designs are so unique - I can spot their paper without even looking at a label. I have a wonderful time scrapbooking, but I just haven't been able to devote the time to it that I would like here lately, so from here on out, I am making a vow to myself that I am going to start scrapping at least three times a week and , uh, no more shopping . So there it is.

No comments: