Monday, September 3, 2007

Can we please have a moment of silence?

................................................................................................................................................................
OMG! I am completely............well I just can't even explain it! There are no words!

I HAVE FINISHED HARRY POTTER!
Frankly, now I don't know whether to shit or wind my watch. Oh....I don't have a watch, so that leaves an option I really don't want to discuss here. Enough stalling - I am so distraught because I LOVE THOSE BOOKS!!!! I am not out to spoil anything for anyone , so I'm not going to talk about it - yet. Let me just say that she did not disappoint - the final book was so incredible that I found myself feeling completely envious that someone out there has the - I don't even know the name for it - to write seven books that have affected not a generation, not a country, not a segment of a population, but a WORLD! A WORLD, PEOPLE!
Okay, maybe I'm a little wound up right now, but daaaammmnnnn! Unlike most people , I read the first one when it first came out and didn't read another one until this year and then I was hooked.I took a little break at Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and when I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the theater, I rushed home and started back up again. I must say that I think that was the way to do it, because I didn't have to wait for the next book to come out. Now that's what I'm talkin about! So now it's over and even though it was just the most exciting thing I've ever read - sorry, Eragon - I'm feeling a little down and I don't know what I'll read next because let's face it - that is one helluva hard act to follow. I mean, what to read after that? Chick lit?
And in one of life's great little moments of poetic justice, one of the characters (I'll not say who) had a patronus that was a goat. J.K. Rowling - you're my hero.

1 comment:

Marnax said...

I likey Harry Potter! don't worry there might be more books!