Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ya Gotta Love This Face.......


Here is Alex with Gus on day number two. We were, of course, marveling at the miracle of his and Trixie's birth and their unbelievable cuteness! At two days old, the kids are wanting to snuggle with you and they love to get right in your face and let you just smother them with hugs and kisses. Now at roughly a month old, they 're about 6 in human years. They will tolerate being hugged for a few seconds, but they really want to run around and play, NEVER running out of energy and in Gussy's case, already interested in the opposite sex. Just like his dad.........sigh....the apple never falls far from the tree.

My older apple hasn't fallen far from the tree either. Alex loves the goats, especially the babies and just like me, he watches their growth and progress with total amazement. It feels good to have a kindred spirit in my son if only part of the time. There other times where it would seem that not only is he not a kindred spirit, but he is completely possessed by that who name we will not mention. This has not been a banner school year for us, but he has been fairly constant in reading and not just Alex Rider novels either, so I guess we'll be okay. Once I read an interview with Valerie Bendt about the value of reading good books to your children. If you want to read this article click here : http://www.elijahcompany.com/help/ejournal/ejjan2704.htm

I like to read this article from time to time because it makes feel like I'm doing at least something right. My kids love books so reading is generally part of our day no matter what happens. Books are always with us wherever we're going. Better to be safe than to be sitting ina doctor's office, waiting without a book to read to my 4 year old daughter - a fate worse than death, if you ask me. Cynthia Rylant and Marc Brown have saved the day more than once! Alex won't leave the house without a book - what's he been reading? Scorpio by Anthony Horowitz. Obviously, I could talk about books and reading all day long, but I'm going to save it for another post, so be sure to come back later. Thank for reading.

No comments: