Saturday, June 23, 2007

What a sad picture.....

I admit it......this is a terrible picture of the milking stand that Richard built for me - completely from materials he already had! How cool is that? I haven't had a chance to drag it out of the garage to take a better picture, but I will post it when I do. I was just so thrilled to get it and I was so proud of Richard for building it that I wanted to go ahead and post this as a tribute to him. I am currently milking in...ahem.....the garage, as it is the only place to keep the stand indoors so that Vincent won't be using it as a butting post.

Twister, as a first freshener, is a very challenging goat to milk - especially for a rank amateur like me! I am a having a difficult time with her and I really think that she has a ton of milk, but either she isn't giving it up, I don't have enough milking practice , or a combination of the two. Either way, we're moving on!

No comments: